Truth be told, we haven’t met anyone who is completely happy with their hair. Hair fall, frizziness, thinning and graying are common concerns. After trying almost everything, we’ve come to the conclusion that our grandmothers really knew what they were talking about. Turns out, home remedies for hair
are the best way to go! Chemical-free, DIY home remedies for healthy hair are not only easy to try but also light on the pocket. So we thought we’d make you a list of these kitchen wonders and give you the low-down on easy home remedies for hair to tackle all your mane concerns.
1. Eggs To Fight ThinningA lot of us deal with thinning hair, which can come in the way of all those long haired dreams. While a diet rich in protein will only do you good, applying it directly on your scalp and hair is very helpful too.
Step1: Take 1-2 eggs and beat them in a bowl, so that they form a medium to thick texture.
Step 2: You can even add a teaspoon of honey or olive oil to the mixture for some extra nourishment.
Step 3: Now, apply the egg on your hair and scalp with your fingers, or with a tint brush. Use a shower cap to cover your hair and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
Step 4: Wash it off with lukewarm water and shampoo.
2. Fenugreek Seeds To Banish DandruffA staple in most households, fenugreek seeds are otherwise known as methi are great for hair growth, to soothe an irritated scalp and to treat dandruff.
Step 1: Prepare in advance by soaking a handful of seeds the night before.
Step 2: Come morning. grind these seeds to a paste and add 2 tablespoons of coconut milk to it.
Step 3: Apply the paste on your scalp and let it sit for half an hour.
Step 4: Rinse with shampoo to see the difference.
Try this twice a week to treat dandruff. It is indeed one of the best home remedies for healthy hair.
3. Hibiscus To Fight Premature GreysOne of the most used flowers by hair care brands, hibiscus is great for getting rid of dandruff and premature ageing.
Step 1: Make a paste by grinding a few hibiscus flowers in combination with coconut oil.
Step 2: Massage from root to tip and let it sit for some time.
Step 3: Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Do this consistently to experience a noticeable difference with this home remedy for hair.
4. Peppercorn For That Gorgeous ShineAn ingredient used in a lot of ayurvedic preparations, peppercorn (kali mirchi ke daane) is a great home remedy for hair and hydrates your hair and brings a healthy shine.
Step 1: Start off by taking 2 teaspoons of corns and blending it with half a cup of fresh lime juice.
Step 2: Apply the paste evenly on your strands.
Step 3: Cover your hair with a hot towel for about 15-20 minutes and rinse off for lustrous hair.
Also Read Amla, Reetha And Shikakai Benefits For Hair
5. Amla For Strong, Healthy LocksAntibacterial and anti-inflammatory in nature, Amla is a great home remedy for hair for keeping your hair healthy. Bite into a juicy amla every now and then—it’ll help rev up immunity and boost hair growth! Next up, try this homemade concoction.
Step 1: Mix about a tablespoon of Indian gooseberry powder in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
Step 2: Heat it till it comes to a simmer and massage it onto your scalp.
Step 3: Keep it on for as long as you can and shampoo it off.
If you’re not a big fan of oil, just mix the powder with warm water and apply the paste onto your hair. Do it for about 2 months to see a change in texture and strength.
6. Henna For ConditioningNow, now, nobody wants that shade of reddish orange, which is a big fear amongst us girls! Truth be told, that unattractive shade takes about a decade to show, and we are only implying you try a henna pack for conditioning once in 40 days. A natural conditioner that helps coat your hair with a protective layer, this fix can only work on those who DO NOT colour/streak their hair. A hassle-free way to apply henna is to go to the neighbourhood salon, but if your hair is not too long, we suggest you do it at home. It’s a simple home remedy for healthy hair.
Step 1: just take 1 cup of henna powder and mix it with ½ cup of yoghurt
Step 2: Apply on your strands with a brush.
Step 3: Put on a shower cap and let it dry off.
Step 4: Wash it off, gently with a mild shampoo.
7. Castor Oil To Boost Hair GrowthKnow for stimulating hair growth naturally, castor oil is even recommended to those of us with sparse eyelashes!
Step 1: Get a bottle of cold-pressed castor oil from the chemist shop and use about a tablespoon of it, in combination with coconut oil.
Step 2: You can sprinkle some fresh curry leaves in in the mixture that help avoid graying.
Step 3: Bring the concoction to a simmer and give your scalp a hot oil massage for hair growth.
Step 4: Rinse it off thoroughly with a clarifying shampoo.
Results will take sometime to show but it’ll be worth it when you have lush, long flip-worthy hair. It is also one of those amazing home remedies for frizzy hair.
8. Bananas To Treat DrynessRich in calories, nutrients and proteins, bananas are a great source of Vitamin A and potassium.
Step 1: Just pick a soft, ripe banana and mash it into a fine paste. A
Step 2: Add a spoon of olive or almond oil to your paste to avoid difficulty in rinsing it out.
Step 3: Keep it on your locks for about 20 minutes and wash off.
Since this is fairly quick process, you can do it once a week for best results!
P.S: A mixing bowl, a hair brush, disposable shower caps, cotton buds and fresh ingredients will only make these DIY fixes better! MUST-READ: #DIY: 5 Fab Hairstyles To Rock Medium Length HairstylesMUST-READ: #Bedhead: Simple Tricks For Waking Up to Gorgeous Hair