Affordable make-up products for college going girls
Who doesn’t love a product that makes us look and feel fab and is easy on our purse as well. Yup, amazing and affordable makeup finds like that are undoubtedly thrilling. Plus, there’s no better feeling than getting your money’s worth! Make sure you look gorgeous this season with our budget-friendly picks. We give you our fave and the best beauty products you can own under Rs 500.
Even if it’s a trip to a café or a day out, most of us dab on a bit of foundation/base to even out our complexion. We suggest you opt for lighter coverage in the day for a natural, dewy glow. Go all out with a crème-based or liquid-based foundation for night outs.
- Elle 18 Glow Foundation: One of the best beauty products from Elle 18, this provides light coverage so make sure to use a bit extra to cover acne/marks on your face. Available in 4 shades, Rs 150
- Lakme Complexion Care CC Cream: A perfect solution to avoid looking too made-up, CC creams are the best beauty products for an everyday no-cakey look. Use it after applying face cream in a dot method and say hello to radiant-looking skin. Available in 2 variants, Rs 225.
- Faces Sheer Radiance Liquid Foundation: An affordable make-up product ideal for those who prefer medium to full coverage (no matter what the occasion), this foundation has a thick consistency. Take about 2 pumps and blend evenly with a sponge to get flawless skin. Available in 4 shades, Rs 399
Be it a zit that popped the night before an important event or dark circles that are ever-present under your eyes, using the right concealer can help you fake it till you make it. Use a shade lighter than your skintone for the under-eye area. If you want to to conceal imperfections, choose a shade that matches your skintone.
- Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer: Packaged like a lipstick, this affordable make-up product is spot-on when it comes to hiding those flaws. It’s easy to use and glides on smoothly. Available in 4 shades, Rs 325
- NYX Concealer Wand: This wand-based liquid concealer is a quick fix for dark circles. The formula works great to conceal imperfections and has emollients that moisturise skin. Use the yellow-toned variant if your dark circles are stressing you out. Available in 5 shades, Rs 450
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer: The best beauty product if you are in look out of a concealer with an illuminating effect. The applicator comes with a small sponge tip which works for both the eye area as well as your cheeks. Available in 3 shades, Rs 500
Be it setting your base or your eyeshadow, or just a quick swipe on your forehead, your compact can literally save your face. Make sure you choose a shade that’s close to your skin tone to avoid looking old.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder: Great for your stash, this pressed powder can prove to be a saviour on crazy, hot days. It also helps reduce oil and shine on your face, so swipe it on your forehead, nose and upper lip area. Available in 6 shades, Rs 230
- Lakmé 9 to 5 Flawless Crème Compact: Stay fresh for long hours with a dab of this translucent powder. It also has Vit E that’ll help boost and brighten your skin tone. Available in 3 shades, Rs 500
- Maybelline Clear Glow Pressed Powder: An affordable makeup product to set your foundation and brighten your skin tone as well. The compact claims to come with Vitamin C actives that’ll achieve a natural, radiant look. Available in 4 shades, Rs 199
While foundations and concealers are an essential part of your makeup regime, they tend to flatten out your features. Add some colour to your cheeks with a powder or a crème-based blush.
- Lotus Herbals Natural Blend Botanical Blusher: Ward off oil and add some colour to your cheeks with a blush from Lotus Herbals. It’s a talc-free blush and helps provide a natural rosy glow. Rs 375
- Coloressence Satin Smooth Highlighter Blusher: Want to add a bit of colour on your cheeks without looking like Barbie? Opt for a nude blush that adds a subtle hue to your cheeks and also highlights your features. In 4 variants, Rs 250
- Faces Glam On Perfect Blush: There’s nothing like a shade of coral or soft pink to help elevate your overall look. Add a burst of colour with this powder-based blush, which has a super silky texture and a long-staying power. Available in 4 shades, Rs 499
A pop of colour on your pout can instantly amp up any look and give you that extra shot of confidence no matter where you go.
- Avon Ultra Color Matte Lipstick: With an amazing range of sparkly shades; it’s a brilliant choice for your lips. Why? Because it’s easy on the pocket and is great on the lips. Plus, it’s matte-based, so no bleeding: a bonus for hot days! Available In 10 shades, Rs 370
- Colorbar Soft Touch Lipstick: Colorbar has some of the best beauty products and these cream lipsticks too follow the suit. These sticks are infused with apricot oil so your lips wouldn’t chap so easily. They are available in 17 shades, Rs 450
- L’Oreal Paris Rouge Caresse Lipstick: The best beauty products to own if you want a super-pigmented lippie under 500.. Made from a blend of natural waxes, it helps you care for your lips while adding your favourite colour! Available In 10 shades, Rs 499
Be it smokey eyes or perfectly winged eyeliner, your eye makeup should be as dramatic as your reaction to Zayn Malik’s exit from One Direction.
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal: A cult-favorite and one of best beauty products by Lakme, the Eyeconic Kajal has a waterproof formula and lasts up to 10 hours. Available In 6 shades, Rs 200
- Maybelline Colossal Kajal 12 Hour Smudge Free: This yellow stick is a favourite amongst those of us who like thick, graphic liners. It also has Vitamin E (good for the eyes) and claims to last up to 12 hours. Rs 200
- NYX Studio Liner: NYX boasts of some of the best affordable makeup buys and this liquid liner from NYX doesn't disappoint us either. Plus it dries up quickly so you can use it even when you’re in a hurry. Available in 12 shades, Rs 450
The best beauty products which help bring that mesmerizing quotient to your peepers. Your makeup pouch should never be without a fabulous mascara.
- Rimmel The Max Volume Flash Waterproof Mascara: A great affordable makeup product to make your eyelashes do the talking, Max Volume adds volume and texture. Wave the wand 2 times, if you have really tiny lashes. Rs 415
- Deborah Long Black Mascara: For those who LOVE long lashes, this affordable makeup product is the one for you. This mascara comes in classic black, adds shine and helps lengthen out your lashes after usage. Rs 495
- Maybelline Volum Express Falsies Mascara: Maybelline has some of the best beauty products and this mascara is no exception. With a pro-keratin formula, the mascara builds volume without clumps. Plus the spool brush is so effective that it curls your lashes from front to end. Rs 475
Add a burst of
colour and make a statement with your
favourite eyeshadow pots.
Powder based shadows are easy-to-use and stay on for about 6 hours whereas matte and crème based shadows last longer.
MUST-READ: Beauty For Your Zodiac: What Is Your Hair And Makeup Style?
MUST-READ: #SaveYourSkin: Are You Removing Your Makeup The Wrong Way?!
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Monos Eyeshadow: This is a powder-based range and can be used in day and at night. We love it since all the pots bring some sparkle to your eyes. In 10 shades, Rs 475 each
- NYX Chrome Eyeshadow: Go bright with these single colour hues this summer. They are easy to use and leave a silky, metallic finish after usage. In 17 shades, Rs 475 each
- Revlon Colorstay Shadow Links: Easy on the pocket, the brand has a variety of colours and textures to choose from. Choose staple pastels (pinks), nudes (browns), and classics (black and white) in a powder, matte and silky finishes to customize your makeup according to occasion. Rs 175 each
Published on Mar 30, 2015