Chennai is fast becoming a travel hotspot for 2015! And if you're from the city of the Marina, the Margazhi and the Molaga Bajji, you will totally identify with this list...
1. Coffee is as essential to your morning routine as toothpaste.
Image: Raks Kitchen
2. It’s never “What’s up, dude”, it’s always “What’s up, machan!”
3. Sweet-tasting sambhar
is something you don’t understand
4. The only time a Thalaivar release
isn’t as big a celebration as Diwali is when it’s bigger.
5. You secretly feel sorry for your friends in other cities
who have to pay more than Rs 120 for a movie ticket.
6. You don’t understand why people talk about the weather because Chennai has only one season, i.e, summer.
7. Which is probably why you see people wearing sweaters and mufflers when the temperature falls below 25 degrees
8. You can’t help but feel that cities without beaches are incomplete
9. Your haggling skills are directly proportional to the number of autorickshaws you’ve taken
in your life.
10. You’re really not that offended when people call you a Madrasi
because, well, you are, technically, from Madras.
11. You’re more serious when Chennai Super Kings play
than you are when the Indian cricket team plays.
12. Every single couple you know had a “beach date”
when they first started going out.
13. Only you truly appreciate the difference between calling the city “Madras” and “Chennai”...
GIFs: Giphy, Gifsforum
MUST-READ: You Know You Are a South Indian Woman in North India When...
MUST-READ: South of India - It Is NOT a Single State!