There are hit Bollywood movies, and there is DDLJ.
And yesterday, after almost 20 years since its release, the Maratha Mandir Cinema in Mumbai yesterday screened the movie for the last time after a WHOPPING 1009 weeks running! The movie may have stopped screening, but the following ways in which it has messed with our love lives will last forever.
1. Your idea of a perfect guy is basically Raj
Cute, funny, willing to travel across continents for love, proficient at ballroom dancing, can play 3 different musical instruments and can come up with mehendi
songs and choreography on the spot.
2. Travelling excites you because you secretly hope that you’ll meet your soulmate on the flight/ train/ bus
After all, bade bade deshon mein...
3. In fact, the only reason you think you’re still single is because you still haven’t taken a Euro trip with your friends
I mean, what else could it be?
4. There are girls who’re upfront, there are girls who play hard to get, and then there’s you…
… the girl who’d give her number to the guy who calls her “Senorita”.
5. Sometimes you’re a little cynical about love…
I mean, if Kajol and Shah Rukh didn’t end up together, where’s the hope for the rest of us?
6. You were actually a little disappointed when you introduced your boyfriend to your dad and he liked him
Dad! That’s not how it works!
7. Every time you have a crush on a guy, you visualize running across sarson fields to him
With Tujhe Dekha To Ye Jaana Sanam
playing in the background. Of course.
8. One of your “Dream Dates” is (well, used to be!) watching DDLJ at Maratha Mandir
If the guy is up for that, then it’s definitely true love.
9. You may or may not have tried to get on a train that had just started moving...
Just kidding. We know you’re not insane enough to try it. You haven’t, right? Right?
10. Heart of hearts, you know that the Raj of DDLJ basically doesn’t exist in the real world
Which is why you should be on the lookout for a guy who loves you for who you are. And when you find him, you’ll know that he’s better
than Raj, because he’s not a fictional character, but a real person!
MUST-READ: 15 Things About HAHK That Were So Cool Back Then
MUST-READ: #MushAlert: 13 Romantic Movie Scenes That Make Us Go Aww!
Published on Feb 20, 2015