If while picking up the pen to take notes, or a cup of coffee, you extend your left hand - then, my dear friend, the world is a cruel place for you. Being left-handed in an dominantly right-handed world can be taxing. How many times have you walked into a classroom full of chairs that have writing boards on the right side? Or struggled with opening a can of tuna with a right-designed opener? Here are 10 things that only a left-handed person can understand. (Don't worry, we feel your pain!)
1. You always goofed up when you shook hands with a righty.
- That awkward silence was deafening.
2. Trying to swipe the page on a tablet or a touch screen phone
- Let’s face it, touch screens were designed without keeping lefties in mind.
3. Writing on a spiral notebook was a living hell!
- Definitely not your cup of tea.
4. Bumping into a person’s elbow during lunch was an everyday scene.
- Now you know why people didn’t want to sit beside you...
5. Since all the numbers on the keyboard are placed on the right, you always had a hard time typing any kind of math stuff.
- Sad, but true.
6. The desks in college/ school had chairs that were designed for only right-handed people.
- Even the education system couldn’t bother enough about you .
7. Opening door knobs, using an ice-cream scoop, holding a pair of scissors were always a pain in the butt.
8. You sucked at using game controllers since the primary buttons were placed to the right.
- Maybe you should give up and go play outside for a change.
9. The moment you confess that you’re a lefty, people give you that weird, confused-looking expression.
- Questions like, “Are you left-handed?”, “How can you write properly using your left-hand?” and “How does it feel to be left-handed?” are things you were destined to answer.
10. Ink smudges on the edge of your palm since your hand would drag across what you just wrote...
- The baap
of all left-handed problems.Featured image: magicinfoto / Shutterstock.comImages: reddit.com, giphy.comMUST-READ: Chai Pe Bulaya Hai? Here’s How To Woo His Parents !MUST-READ: #PartySafe: 8 Rules to Follow So You Can Have Fun without Worrying!