A music festival at India’s very own Napa Valley tops our list of fun things to do in February. To be held on the 7th and 8th of February at the Sula Vineyards in Nasik, the eighth edition of SulaFest, India’s most exciting Gourmet World Music Festival, is here to make that dream come true (and how)! With the perfect mash-up of music, fashion, food and wine, we can’t think of a more delectable recipe for a memorable weekend. We bet you won’t beg to differ!
1. Is music your religion? Well then SulaFest 2015’s line-up will have you doing a happy dance.
Expect nothing less than the freshest acts by celebrated Indian and international artists. Gentleman’s Dub Club, Will And The People, Nucleya, Yes Sir Boss, Cuban Beats All Stars, Speed Caravan, Lucky Ali, Swarathma, Bombay Bassment, Kefaya, Sandunes, Hamza Feat. Manu Idhra and Rodney Branigan are some of the acts to look forward to. We at POPxo are most excited about this year's headlining act Young The Giant, who opened for Kings of Leon at their worldwide summer tour.
Indie-rock heaven, here we come! Don’t miss out! Book your tickets here
2. If house and techno music is more your scene, then you spend your weekend at the Atmasphere Stage
, where DJs like Monkey Brothers, Steve Rachmad, Peter Schumann, Sashanti & Mescalito, Raimund, Baba Robijn, Jewlung and Christ Burstein amongst others will be spinning some super cool tunes for you. Encore, did you say?
3. You can’t make a trip to Sula without sampling their wine. That would be blasphemy!
So if a wine-filled weekend is your idea of an epic time, then it doesn’t get better than this. We recommend the newly launched Seco Rose, Dindori Reserve Shiraz, Sula Zinfandel Rose, the lovely Sula Brut and the Satori Merlot Malbec. After all, too much of almost everything is bad, but too much wine is just right!
4. You don’t need to plan a trip to Glastonbury to experience a camping music festival. SulaFest brings it right to your backyard - or should we say vineyard - with Tent City! Bonfires, chilly breeze, warm blankets, music, wine under the stars...what's not to love?
Check out Letscampout.com
for all the details you need. If tents are really not your thing, here's a list of hotels in the neighbourhood
5. All the fashionistas headed for the fest are in for a treat, as Vero Moda will be launching its Spring Summer Collection 2015 with an unmissable fashion show.
Watch and take notes, ladies!
6. Speaking of fashion, SulaFest also allows you to pack in some pretty serious retail therapy at the SulaFest Bazaar.
If shopping for cool stuff isn't your thing (really, who are you?) get a foot massage, tarot reading, or go off grape-stomping!
7. All you foodies in the house won’t be left wanting either. Complement the soulful melodies by digging into treats
whipped up by Café Zoe, Woodside Inn, Maroosh, Busago and the recently launched Soleil by La Plage. POPxo highly recommends the sit-down gourmet dining experience by Chef Morgan of the Soleil by La Plage. Made from organic produce grown in Sula's farms, the meal promises to be top-notch. Nom-nom, indeed!
8. Winter chill, oh how we love you! And it would be a shame to waste this beautiful weather on yet another city weekend. So escape to Sula Vineyards for a fitting tribute to this perfect nip in the air. And guess what? The unique set-up is one that will make you want to stay even after pack up! After all, it’s not every day that you get to watch a world music event against the backdrop of a winery’s open-air, Greek-style amphitheatre.
9. Think you’ve got what it takes to be a street stylista? Our photographer will be scouring the fest for the chicest gals
, who will then be featured on POPxo's Facebook page
. So ladies, time to up your fashion game!
10. Not that one really needs an excuse to take off for a road trip with their clique, but if you wanted a reason, the fest is as good as it gets. Roll down your windows, crank up the music and get this party started even before you touchdown in Nasik!
Because we really, really want you to have a blast, we're running a little contest for our fab readers! Tell us what you love about Sulafest, (watch a sneak peak of what's in store here) and the two best entries will win a pass each!
Take part in our contest via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram - and don’t forget to use the hashtag #SulaFest15.
* This is a sponsored post for Sula.
- The contest is valid from 28 January 2015 to 1 February 2015.
- The contest will end at 8 p.m. on 1 February 2015.
- The contest is valid for Residents of India only.
- All travel and accommodation will need to be borne by the winner. It is not included in the pass.