Priyanka Gill | Jan 13, 2015
We love the beginning of the year. Everything seems new and shiny (once the hangover blows over!). Everything is full of possibility. Well, here are the resolutions #RealGirls hope to make and keep!
1. Wear sunscreen every day.
2. Call mom and dad several times a week.
3. Remove makeup and clean face before getting into bed.
4. Stay positive even when everything seems to be going wrong.
5. Smile, often.
6. Volunteer - at a local old people’s home, the dog shelter, a blind school.
7. Drink lots of water.
8. Bid bye-bye to added sugar.
9. Say “I love you” to our partners every day in inventive ways.
10. Stop bitching about other people - negativity attracts negativity.
11. Meditate, go to church, the mandir - whatever connects us to a higher power.
12. Give away/ donate clothes that don’t fit. Clean out the closet.
13. Download a safety app and learn self-defence moves.
14. Throw away old makeup and clean our brushes after use (at least once every week).
15. Say sorry to end a fight.
16. Stop holding on to grudges.
17. Go for teeth-cleaning once every three months (ugh!), get our eyes checked every year, and schedule that pap smear.
18. Go up to people at a party and confidently say: “Hi, I am XXX - so lovely to meet you!”
19. Exercise regularly - it keeps us strong and lean.
20. Brush for 2 minutes twice a day and floss every day - even though it’s a bore.
21. Turn up for work 5 minutes before we are supposed to a few times a week.
22. Mentor a junior at work.
23. Read for inspiration or pleasure every day.
24. Learn how to do the perfect day and evening makeup.
25. Body-brush before hitting the shower.
26. Wear a subtle perfume every day.
27. Begin the day with warm water and lemon and 15 suryanamaskars.
28. Go out dancing, often.
29. Buy birthday cards in bulk and send them with lovely personal messages.
30. Send thoughtful “thank you” notes.
31. Buy ourselves flowers every week.
32. Meditate for a few minutes every day.
33. Treat happiness like a skill. The more you practice it, the easier it gets. :)