Which girl does not want to have pretty feet? The answer is pretty obvious, isn’t it? Think about this, though: you could spend hours at the salon getting that perfect pedicure, or you could be doing a far better job at home! Remember, ladies, natural measures always produce the best long-term results. That's why we've put together 6 home remedies for your feet that you need to be trying stat!
1. Use Natural Ingredients When Soaking Your Feet
After a long day of work, it’s not just your body that feels tired but your feet begin to ache too. When that happens, it’s time to pamper them. While you may be tempted to pay your local salon a visit, we urge you to skip that. Spending time with your body and understanding how it works is more valuable than what money can buy. All it takes is a little effort.
- Step 1: Head to your bathroom, take a bucket, and fill it up with lukewarm water.
- Step 2: Squeeze in the juice of a lemon into the warm water.
- Step 3: Pick a shower gel consisting of natural ingredients (such as a herbal one), and add a few drops into the mix.
- Step 4: Slowly dip your feet into the water, and keep it soaking in there for about 5-10 mins.
- Step 5: Using a regular foot file, give your feet a nice scrub to do away with the dead cells.
Do this twice a week for a fortnight to see results.
2. Make a Natural Mix to Keep Your Skin Tone Even
Most of us have an uneven skin tone because differing degrees of exposure to sunlight. While you think your family dermatologist is the only one who can save you, you probably aren’t doing enough research yourself. You can tackle this issue at home as well. Here’s how...
- Step 1: Milk, salt and lemon juice are the only three ingredients you will need to make a paste.
- Step 2: Heat the milk, add in a pinch of salt and a dash of lemon juice.
- Step 3: Mix all the three ingredients well, and apply it to your feet.
- Step 4: Rub and massage your feet, making sure that the mixture gets blended into your skin.
- Step 5: Keep the mixture on for 15-20 mins and wash it off with lukewarm water.
This method will need time to produce results. So don’t expect for it to work wonders overnight!
3. Wash Your Feet EVERY DAY
We can’t stress enough the importance of this! It’s the most obvious thing to do, yet not everyone takes it seriously. Of your body parts, your feet tend to collect the maximum amount of dirt, sweat and bacteria. If not cleaned every day, your skin could get horribly infected. Here’s what you need to do.
- Step 1: Dip your feet in lukewarm water, or put them under running water.
- Step 2: Apply a tiny amount of liquid soap or a shower gel into a loofah and scrub your feet rigorously.
- Step 3: While you’re scrubbing the soles of your feet, don’t forget to tend to the spaces in between your toes. (That’s where the bacteria grows the most!)
- Step 4: Once you’re done washing your feet, start cleaning the dirt under your nails.
- Step 5: After all of that is done, don’t wipe but pat your feet dry.
4. For Smoother and Softer Feet
There is something all women detest - cracks on the feet. However, there are many natural ways to get smoother and softer feet. All you have to do is be patient and keep our 4 tips in mind!
- Tip 1: We’re sure most of you have a bottle Vaseline at home (cocoa butter cream too will work). Now is the time to put it to good use. Apply it to your feet just before you hit the sack. Wash it off the next morning. You will notice within a day or two that the texture of the skin on your feet is becoming smooth and soft.
- Tip 2: When you combine rosewater and glycerin together, magic happens! While glycerin improves the texture of the skin, rose water repairs and soothes any irritation on the skin.
- Tip 3: This the by far the easiest tip of them all! For smooth and pretty-looking feet, you will need to mash up a banana. The pulp of the fruit is what you need to use on the cracks of your feet. Keep it on for a span of 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water afterwards.
- Tip 4: Never neglect your feet. Make sure you pamper them once a week. A regular foot massage should do the trick. It not only improves the circulation of blood but also makes soothes your feet and keeps them looking fresh.
5. Honey Makes a Naturally Great Moisturizer
Yes, ladies, honey is good for your feet because it has amazing antibacterial properties. Here’s how to make the best use of it.
- Step 1: Natural honey or processed honey, both work. Take a scoop of honey and mix into a bucket of warm water.
- Step 2: Gently soak your feet in the bucket for a good 20-30 minutes.
- Step 3: Once you’re done, pat your feet dry using a towel.
6. Olive Oil for Smooth Feet
Olive oil is not only a healthy cooking oil but also a great moisturizing agent for your skin. It leaves your feet feeling smooth and soft. However, one should not rub it directly onto the skin for best results, there’s a special way to go about it.
- Step 1: Soak a ball of cotton in a bowl of olive oil.
- Step 2: Using the soaked ball, in a circular motion, gently massage your feet for 20-25 minutes.
- Step 3: While the oil is still on your feet, put on a pair of socks and keep them on for an hour.
- Step 4: After an hour, gently remove the socks from your feet, and wash the oil away with lukewarm water.
Do this twice a month!
MUST-READ: Your Ultimate Guide To Picture Perfect Feet
MUST-READ: 10 Party Shoes that Look Stunning without Killing Your Feet