All the non-vegetarians of India are up in arms, because everyone’s fave cooking show, MasterChef India, has just decided to go veg this season. The HORROR! But meat-eating folks, take a deep breath and calm down a bit - it’s not such a big deal. People are still competing, and you still get to watch the show and not eat any of the food they cook - the same as before. Think instead about our vegetarian friends, who are, always, ALWAYS picked on for choosing to eat “ghaas-phoos”. Today we give you a list of things vegetarians are tired of hearing.
1. Trust me, just have one bite of this chicken wing - you’ll fall in love with it!
I don't think so.
2. What? You’ve never tried a mutton kebab in your life? You’re missing out on so much.
Thanks, but no thanks.
3. So, do you munch on rabbit food all day?
Better to eat rabbit food than have a rabbit brain.
4. You know, plants can also feel pain.
So would you right now, if we were not restraining ourselves.
5. So you don’t even eat egg? Don’t you need it for protein at least?
Hey, guys, meet this amazing protein source we’ve just discovered - it’s called daal.
6. If you like animals so much, why do you love eating their food?
See point 3.
7. So you must really love animals, huh?!
8. I’m sorry, I can’t date a vegetarian.
That's okay, because we can't date people who are intolerant.
9. So what do you look forward to in a meal? Tofu and paneer?!
What do you look forward to in life? Being silly?
10. Just have your parantha with the butter chicken gravy! Why spend more and order a veg dish?
11. I was vegetarian once, like, for a day. It was the hardest day of my life. You should get an award.
Thanks. Could not have lived without your validation.
12. Fish is NOT non-veg. Mutton is non-veg.
Bengalis, we are looking at you!
13. What do you eat when you go abroad on holidays?
We starve ourselves.
14. You know when you kiss a boy who is non-vegetarian, you become a non-vegetarian?
You're so funny. NOT.
15. So you can pick the pepperoni off this pizza and have it, right?
16. Do you eat only salad?
17. You know that milk comes from cows, right?
You don't say.
18. Mmmmmm, crunchy skin, tender meat, melty fat! This is soooo yummm.
Shut up, folks, it’s only cute when Meg Ryan does that.
19. I am a vegetarian too, except the occasional kebab.
That's not called vegetarianism. It's called hypocrisy.
20. You don’t mind me eating non-veg food in front of you, right?
21. If you hang out with us more often, you’ll eventually become a non-vegetarian too!
Okay, bye, have a nice life.
GIFs: justeat.com, giphy.com, gawker.com
MUST-READ: 15 Things You Should Never Say to Someone on a Diet
MUST-READ: You Know You Are a Foodie When…