You're finally married. And you no longer have to stress about planning a big fat wedding and behave like a bridezilla. You’ll be surprised at how different and exciting this new phase feels. And, as a new bride, you're probably going to be thinking many of these things! ;)
1. Thank God, I don’t have to put on another 20kg ghaagra and loads of makeup!
You’ve finally been able to take off all your heavy clothing and jewellery and can now relax in a lighter sari!
2. So glad I don’t need to spend another day smiling constantly!
You're finally done with with all the mandatory smiling. And what a relief it is to not have the camera flash on your face every 10 seconds. But you have to still smile - that’s what a good bahu does.
3. Will this mehendi EVER wear off?!
Some people do actually hate putting on mehendi, and find it particularly annoying when wearing Western clothes.
4. I’m so excited about the honeymoon!
Yes!! The honeymoon is the absolute best part.
5. Wow! I can sleep now, finally!
You’re glad all the crazy, hectic festivities are finally over.
6. My back is just dead from touching so many feet! I need a back massage! Will Mummyji understand?
Well, even if she doesn’t, make some excuse and get out for a couple's massage. Your sore back deserves it.
7. Do I have to put on, like, proper clothes before I go down to get some coffee?!
The house is still buzzing with wedding guests. We’d advise against the sexy wedding-night négligée for a trip to the kitchen. ;)