He’s your 2 a.m. buddy, the one who bear the brunt of your tantrums and the one who calms you down when no one can. Maybe it’s time to face the truth: your male bestie has (in all likelihood) become your boyfriend! Well, what’s better than having a good boyfriend? A best friend and boyfriend rolled into one, of course! Crazy laughter, inside jokes and high-fives = perfect relationship! Read on to find out if your bestie is turning into your better half!
1. When you start talking on the phone till the wee hours. And neither of you can actually go to sleep without this conversation, even if it's just to say "So tired, about to crash, goodnight!"
2. When your hangout sessions start getting date-y, and you start going to fancy restaurants for dinner instead of fast-food joints for a burger.
3. When he picks you up from work almost every day, and you kind of start to depend on him to escort you wherever you go.
4. He gets overprotective and insists on picking you up at night no matter where you are and with whom, so that he knows for sure you're getting home safe.
5. He looks longingly at you sometimes. And you find yourself doing the same with him.
6. You guys suddenly have a code. When you say something, he - and only he - knows that you mean, and vice versa. Your other friends don't get what the context is, and you don't feel like explaining.
7. You've watched Kuch Kuch Hota Hai on TV and found yourself agreeing emphatically with the “Pyaar dosti hai!” sentiment.
8. When the friendly snuggling turns into inadvertent necking.
9. He gets all possessive and flustered when other guys start paying you attention. And you've found yourself super-annoyed by girls making moves on him.
10. He’s always casually touching you - either he is slinging his arm over your shoulders, or he leans on you when he’s sitting next to you.
11. He’s suddenly super-bothered about what your parents think of him. You too have started to care about what his parents think of you.
12. When he keeps telling you you’re the most beautiful girl in the room, hell, in the whole wide world.
13. He goes out of town and always gets a gift for you.
14. He remembers the dress you wore three weeks back, the silly fight you had with your girlfriends and what's bothering you at work.
15. When he makes an effort to dress up nice when you guys go out and always offers to pay. Going Dutch is a thing of the past!
16. When he offers to give you a foot rub, without you even asking for it.
17. You figure that you have been playing footsie a wee bit too often.
18. When he’s your plus one for every event, even your sister’s wedding.
19. He gets irritated if you try to set him up with a friend of yours. And he doesn’t seem to care about other girls who are trying to hit on him.
20. When you say “I love you!” to each other, and it's not a throwaway remark. :)
MUST-READ: Best Bestie 101 - The Girl Code!
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!