She’s your pillar of strength, your alter ego and your emotional support system. Yep, we are indeed talking about your bestie. And it is only fair to show her some love from time to time, because she’ll always be there for you. And you really don’t a reason to do so. But just in case you need to be reminded why she is so special, we give you 21 reasons why you should show your bestie some love!
1. She’s always honest with you, even if makes you feel bad sometimes. If she says that you are being a bitch while handling a particular situation, she’s not being offensive or accusatory. She’s only concerned about how you appear to people.
2. She’s non-judgmental, even about things that you have been slightly ashamed of.
3. Whether it’s acing a job interview or taking a difficult exam, she’s always believed in you.
4. She’s your shoulder to cry on.
5. She’s always got your back, no matter what.
6. She treats your blunders with humour.
7. Wine, rom-com marathons, music, chocolate, popcorn and your bestie - they together form your instant deal-with-the-blues kit.
8. She’s the first person you call when anything goes wrong in your life. You also can’t wait to share any good news with her.
9. She’s the one who knows everything about your life, even the gory details you could never share with anyone else.
10. She always answers your calls even when she’s half asleep at 4 a.m.
11. She’s your most patient listener.
12. The little things she does, like buying you that double chocolate chip cookie she knows you love, or just making you laugh after a bad day...
13. She will never spare someone who has hurt your feelings.
14. She will lend you that extra buck, and won’t expect you to pay her back ever. (But we advise you do pay her back. Taking advantage of her kindness is not nice, no?)
15. For being as excited for things in your life as you are, be it your birthday or your wedding day.
16. For showing you that how you’re different from everyone else.
17. For telling you that the guy you’ve been running away from is perfect for you!
18. For being on 3-hour calls that help you get some clarity.
19. For all those inside jokes you both share and secretly laugh about when you are in public.
20. She looks after you when you feel homesick. After all, she’s practically family anyway.
21. For being a friend, mother, sister, brother, father all rolled into in! Sigh! What would we do without our soul sisters!