Audience Insights Analyst, POPxo
POPxo is back with yet another “womanly” campaign: #WomenShould. The idea finds its roots in “The Autocomplete Truth”, an incredible video produced by UN Women. Following this, we decided to ask people from different genders, age groups, backgrounds and perspectives to give us a sincere response to our question: What should women do or be like?
What we came up with is a compilation of some amusing, realistic, prudish, sexist, modern, liberal, pragmatic, contradictory as well as dismal viewpoints. Read on!
1. Women should be independent. - Female, 26, software engineer
2. Women should know how to cook food. - Female, 48, housewife
3. Women should stand up for their rights. - Male, 27, business analyst
4. Women should not get married. - Female, 27, business professional
5. Women should shop less. - Male, 28, chartered accountant
6. Women should take good care of their homes, husbands and children. - Male, 52, businessman
7. Women should dress decently to avoid sexual harassment. - Female, 46, housewife
8. Women should listen to their hearts and do what they want to. - Male, 22, student
9. Women should be able to compromise and let go of their happiness at times for the harmony in their families. - Female, 48, banking professional
10. Women should be more sensible than emotional. - Male, 27, engineer
11. Women should find rich men and marry them. - Female, 52, socialite
12. Women should respect and obey their husbands and in-laws. - Male, 62, retired
13. Women should talk less. - Male, 24, student
14. Women should not change their identities after they get married. - Male, 26, engineer
15. Women should stop calling themselves victims because they are not. - Male, 27, businessman
16. Women should not lose their virginity before getting married. - Male, 32, accountant
17. Women should learn how to keep secrets. - Male, 26, software professional
18. Women should not spy on their boyfriends. - Male, 25, student
19. Women should stop being dramatic. - Male, 26, HR manager
20. Women should let men watch cricket in peace. - Male, 28, manager
21. Women should stop manipulating men emotionally. - Male, 29, advertising professional
22. Women should work for the upliftment of other women. - Male, 27, PhD student
23. Women should not feel inferior to men. - Female, 28, journalist
24. Women should stop being jealous of other women. - Female, 25, student
25. Women should not befriend boys. - Female, 70, grandmother
26. Women should be more aware. - Female, 27, lawyer
27. Women should try not to be fussy about things. - Male, 32, doctor
28. Women should master the skill of managing their career and home perfectly. - Female, 45, teacher
29. Women should stop making an issue about their periods. - Male, 27, student
30. Women should take less time to get ready. - Male, 28, architect
31. Women should love people only as much as they deserve. - Female, 25, writer
32. Women should stop asking for equal treatment, but demand it and give it. - Male, 26, lawyer
33. Women should be feminine. - Male, 25, software engineer
34. Women should respect other women. - Female, 30, engineer
35. Women should make this world a better place because only they have the power to. - Male, 28, photographer/ traveller
So readers, what do you think? #WomenShould...?
GIFs source: Giphy
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!
Sign in to see the latest in life-changing products, empowering stories and infinitely amusing videos!