Unlike most men and a handful of women who shop only when they absolutely need something (how does that work exactly, I wonder), the majority of the fairer sex turns to shopping as a recreational, often therapeutic activity. Their splurging is almost never governed by mere necessity; their reasons are far more glorious!
Today we bring you a list of things Indian women say to justify buying clothes (and shoes and bags and accessories)! We're sure you've said these at least once in your lifetime. Own up, ladies - which one of these excuses do you use most often?
1. It was on sale! The price was just fantastic. In fact, I practically made money on it!
2. It was the last piece, and that girl with really bad styling was eyeing it. I just HAD to rescue it.
3. I was feeling very low. I thought this would perk me up. (Yeah, yeah, shopping is certainly cheaper than a psychiatrist. We feel you.)
4. I thought it made sense to use my reward points before they expired.
5. It was such a unique find, more like an investment piece. I don’t think I would have ever found anything like this anywhere else.
6. No, no, this is not like the ten other white tops I already have. This one is totally different in its cut, style and fabric.
7. It made me look so skinny! How could I NOT buy it?
8. The store owner is my aunt’s cousin’s daughter’s friend. What would she think if I walked away without buying anything? (*Gasp*)
9. I fit into a Small in this dress instead of my usual Medium. So…you know… (*Sneaky grin*)
10. I didn’t even go to the mall to shop for myself. I was just helping Priya. She literally forced me to buy this - what could I do?
11. Oh, I was just checking if my credit card still works. And voila! It does.
12. I cleaned out my cupboard and gave away so many clothes. I needed to restock.
13. I’ve put on/lost weight and nothing in my wardrobe fits me any more.
14. There’s this awesome Diwali party coming up, and I need to look perfect for it.
15. Neha never repeats her outfits. You don’t expect ME to wear the same thing twice, do you?
16. The website was having a flash sale, and I thought it best not to let go of this steal.
17. I bought a few extra things to qualify for free shipping. Paying eight hundred bucks for delivery is such a waste!
18. I had an extremely stressful week and just needed to unwind.
19. I hadn’t shopped in forever! Sigh.
20. I just got a promotion/ got engaged/ cleared the 200th level in Candy Crush/ just about any reason. So I decided to treat myself.
21. My friend was coming down from London. So I bought a bunch of things and sent them to her to save all that shipping money.
22. Mom, it’s Nikhil Thampi! How can I not have something from his new collection??? (*Quelle horreur*)
GIFs source: Giphy.com
Set up push notifications so you know when you have new likes, answers, comments ... and much more!
We'll also send you the funniest, cutest things on POPxo each day!