As if those dreaded, red-headed monsters popping up on the worst of times on our faces wasn’t bad enough, we get those zits on other parts of our body too. :( Perky pimples can make unwanted appearances in places on our body we'd never even imagined - and it's not only super-uncomfortable but embarrassing too - because, honestly, who on earth wants to admit to having pimples on their butt?! But the sad truth is far too many of us suffer from these pesky problems - and so we decided to step in and help you out. Here's how to deal with acne in weird places on your body.
Is that even possible? Yep. This usually happens if you don't have great hygiene and sit for long hours in one place. Since the skin on your derriere is thicker and has pores that are larger than the ones on your face, breakouts are bound to happen. Here’s how to deal with it.
1. Wear comfortable clothing made out of natural fabrics, especially underwear. We recommend cotton.
2. Avoid sitting in one place for too long. Every hour, get up and walk around for 10-15 mins. This will improve blood and air circulation.
3. Using an exfoliant is a great way to de-congest your pores and allow your skin to breathe! Try using a granular-based one. Although this won't get rid of the existing bumps, it will smoothen them out and help prevent future breakouts.
It’s uncommon to find acne on your scalp, but it does happen! Since your hair usually hides the zits, you may not even know of its existence until you run a comb over it, which can be quite a painful surprise. Acne can form on your scalp, the same way it can on your face, thanks to overactive sebaceous glands. Your ordinary hair care routine, like shampooing and blow drying, can irritate the zit, making it painful and unbearable for you.
1. Wash your scalp regularly using the right shampoo and conditioner.
2. Use a tablespoon of vinegar and mix it with water. Then pour the solution on your scalp. This will improve the pH balance of your skin, which will make it less habitable for bacteria, and revitalize the keratin layer of the hair.
3. Before you get your hands on a Benzoyl peroxide tube, you must consult a dermatologist. Once he gives you a heads-up, you can go ahead with it. The drug is also available in the form of creams, soaps, lotions, gels and washes. Apply any of the products mentioned above on the affected area twice a day.Keep in on for 5-10 mins and rinse after.
There are 3 common causes for this: your razor, poor hygiene and bad choice of products. Before you freak out, you can easily try dealing with this at home.
1. Don't shave your underarms whenever you see a new strand of hair. Bumps are usually caused by hair getting caught in the follicles - by not shaving it, you let it grow back naturally. Only shave when your hair grows to at least ¼ inches.
2. When you’re taking a shower, make sure you pay special attention to cleaning your underarms. Once you’ve got your hygiene under control, the buildup of bacteria will automatically decrease.
3. To reduce redness and inflammation of the irritated zit, use an ice pack. Wrap a cube of ice in a damp cloth and place it on the affected area for 5-10 mins to soothe your underarms.
Acne on the lips can be extremely painful at times. It becomes even more painful if you unknowingly bite the blisters. The main factors that lead to acne on the lips and mouth are improper diet, oily skin, hormonal imbalance, excessive release of acids and sweat. You can also get them through infections caused by eating from unhygienic places and dishes. Here’s how to kiss them goodbye.
1. Sometimes your lip balm can be the cause of it. You may not have realized this, but your lip balm stick has a lot of microscopic germs on its surface and spreading it around on your lips can increase the chances of infecting your lips. To deal with this, increase your daily liquid intake to lessen the dependency on balms.
2. We know you’re not toddlers any more, but for the last time, please wipe your mouth after eating! Those crumbs and food residue are responsible for feeding bacteria. That’s one of the main reasons why acne on the lips happens.
3. After you’re done brushing your teeth, clean your toothbrush and lightly brush your lips. Doing this will help get rid of the germs and make your lips look healthy and pink.
The skin around your ear has the similar texture to any part of your body. It has pores that at times get blocked if not taken care of, and these blocked pores often develop into painful acne. Acne in the ear is generally caused by a buildup of dirt, shampoo and earwax.
1. Let them heal naturally. Yes, you heard right. Give them time to heal without interfering with them by touching or popping them. Constantly touching and bursting can give rise to ear bleeding.
2. Try dabbing on a medical acne treatment lotion to deal with it. Do this before you go to bed.
3. Clean your ears regularly using a cotton bud. This will prevent germ buildup and infections and keep your pores from clogging.
Genital acne is caused when sweat glands around the area get clogged, causing infections. Since the pubic area is prone to collecting heat and sweat by virtue of being completely covered all day, it becomes more vulnerable to bacteria. Here’s how to avoid getting a zit on the one area you would never want one.
1. Instead of using shower gels and soaps to wash your pubic area, use plain water. Sometimes the chemicals in these soap bars could be responsible for irritating the skin.
2. Wear panties that are loose and made out of cotton. This will allow your skin to breathe and retain its natural moisture.
3. Avoid eating fried or greasy food as they contribute to breakouts. Eat loads of veggies and fruits as they act as a natural purifier for the skin and blood.
Acne on the neck can happen to anyone. The skin on the back of the neck is much thicker than on the face and produces lots of oil. Bacteria and excess oil then get trapped inside the pores, causing redness and pus to develop. This also gives rise to cysts, large whiteheads and nodules.
1. Try wearing clothes that don’t have a collar. Avoid using a scarf or wearing turtlenecks. All these types of clothes are responsible for trapping sweat and germs.
2. Stay away from anything that may irritate the back of your neck.
3. Use antibacterial wipes every time you sweat to get rid of germs and dirt.
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!
Sign in to see the latest in life-changing products, empowering stories and infinitely amusing videos!