“Some things are better left in the past.” That phrase exists for a good reason. We tend to believe that you don’t have to go down the same route again, no matter how tempted you are. And so we give you 9 reasons you should never get back with your ex.
1. The beginning of a romantic relationship is one that is full of joy and anticipation and excitement. It’s just not going to be there. It’s all been-here-done-this-oh-God-why-again all the way.
2. Do you have
to give your friends extra grief? Trust us, they’re trying very hard to not ask the questions they’re dying to ask.
3. If you’ve been with other people in the meantime, you’re going to start comparing him with them. And he’s going to do the same with you. And then you're going to stress over the fact that you guys dated other people while you were apart. That’s not going to be fun.
4. You’re basically sending a message to the whole universe (including other men who are interested in you) that you’re so into this guy that you’re pretty much not willing to give anyone or anything else a chance.
5. Do you still really trust each other? Unequivocally? Probably not. Especially if one of the reasons why you broke up in the first place was because one of you strayed.
6. You’re entering the relationship already burdened with a whole lot of baggage. There is very little scope for the relationship to bloom without being weighed down by the past.
7. You’re probably going to end up hurting each other again. And it’s going to be worse this time since you really should have seen it coming.
8. You want to hold on to the good times. Everyone wants to do that. But, girl, have you forgotten about the bad times?
9. Life is about moving forward and finding new destinations to conquer. You don’t want to keep going down the same road over and over again and get nowhere new.
MUST-READ: What His Text Messages Really Mean
MUST-READ: 17 Things the Girl You're Hooking Up with Wants You to Know
Published on Oct 27, 2014