Did you just get engaged to an oh-so-charming and loving man? Well, girl, let's take a look at how your life is suddenly transformed after your engagement…
1. All of a sudden, you have a new set of parents to please, and a never-ending roster of relatives.
2. And if you're marrying into a "traditional" family, you have to act like the most sanskari bahu type when they're around. Tulsi and Parvati become your new role models.
3. You have to laugh at not-very-funny "married life" jokes at family gatherings, even if you're dying to cry!
4. The only thing the world around you talks about is your marriage!
5. Your imagination skyrockets as you picture yourself as the avatar of every Bollywood movie super-wife who got a super-husband!
6. You have to watch your words. Remember, no swearing in front of the would-be in-laws!
7. Your shopping list becomes longer and longer with gifts for him, his parents, uncles, aunties and the little nephews and nieces. (It’s okay, you get loads of presents too.)
8. You can’t afford to get tanned or chubby before the big day. Sunscreen lotions and exercise become your new best friends.
9. The number of messages and phone calls in a day become uncontrollable. Is there even an hour when your phone is quiet?
10. Every time you look at the picture of a striking place on the Internet, it becomes your intended honeymoon destination. Only till you find the next picture. ;)
11. You become more cautious about new pictures status updates on your social media accounts. In fact, you might even have to do a massive cleanup so your would-be family doesn’t faint from horror. Did your friends just tag you in the pictures from that party? F***! (No swearing, silly!)
12. You become the most beloved new chachi, mami, bhabhi, et al, of youngsters who freak you out by being super-corny. But all you can do is smile and kiss their cheeks. ;)
13. If you’re out with your friends and it gets a bit late, you’re terrified that your mom-in-law is going to call to check up on you.
14. Your friends keep pulling your leg and insist that you’ve changed a lot. (Of course you have! :P)
15. Your family pampers you more because you’ve suddenly started belonging to a different one. Now that’s sad. Sob!
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!