It could be a colleague, a friend of a friend - anyone, really. But if a guy you haven't spent much alone-time with (but are definitely attracted to) asks to meet up for drinks, it can get a little confusing. Coffee and lunch are easy - he wants to be pals. If it's dinner or a movie, things are simple then too - established dating norms. But drinks are dicey - because, for all you know, the potential situations that you're envisaging are only in your head, and he just wants to catch up with no sexual/romantic undertones in mind. These are the things we worry about when it happens - what about you?
1. Is it a date? Or is it just drinks? What if we also have food? Even if it's not a date, will it count as one if we hook up?
2. Am I overdressed? Does it look like I'm making too much of an effort? Should I ditch the heels? But they make my legs look so good!
3. Should I shave my legs? Or am I tempting fate?
4. How can I work this into a conversation with the ex and make him feel jealous?
5. Why does he want to meet up now? Why not last month? What’s going on? Gah. I guess I’ll find out.
6. Damn, what did we talk about the last time we met?
7. There’s a spark. Definitely.
8. Er, is the spark there only because I’ve never hung out solo with him before? What if it disappears the moment we start talking about regular stuff?
9. OMG, I know NOTHING about him. Should I stalk him on Facebook for a bit?
10. Hmm, he hangs out with some really good-looking girls. Is that his sister or his friend? Is that his girlfriend? Is he even single?!
11. Eww, super-drunk pictures! Oh, they’re from five years ago, thank goodness.
12. I hope I don’t drool on him.
13. Should I ask him to pick me up, or should I meet him there?
14. If he drops me home, should I invite him up for a nightcap? Will that make me sound like a sot? What about tea? Should I clean up the house a bit?
15. If he invites me home afterwards, should I say yes? Am I being easy, or just carpe diem?
16. If we hook up, his place or mine? Do I want him in my house if it's going to be only a one-night stand? Do I want to be stranded in his house in the middle of the night in case things get weird?
17. I have to be at work at 8 tomorrow - will it be a good idea to hook up at all?
18. Have I just jinxed it totally by thinking about hooking up so many times? It’s never gonna happen now, is it?
19. Is it a date?
The one thing to remember, ladies, is that it all falls into place once you've actually met up. If something happens, it does; if it doesn't, then it doesn't. Nothing else matters. :)
GIFs source: Giphy.com
Set up push notifications so you know when you have new likes, answers, comments ... and much more!
We'll also send you the funniest, cutest things on POPxo each day!