Not every woman is blessed with flawless skin. Acne and zits always find a way to make unwanted appearances on your face - and usually when you’re all set for a big day or a night! But while this may make you may think it’s impossible to ever have that oh-so-perfect skin, we are here to tell you otherwise. And guess what? It’s not that difficult! We give you 10 super easy ways to avoid getting marks on your face. Follow them diligently, and you won’t have to worry about your boss focusing on that spot on your nose instead of your presentation!
Also Read How To Reduce Face Fat
1. Drink Loads of WaterHave you been drinking enough water lately? If you haven’t, now is a good time to start. We should be tired of saying this by now, but here it is again: water helps clear out unwanted toxins from your body. It hydrates you and makes your skin glow. In fact, lack of enough water in your system can cause your skin to become dry and make it produce more oil than it should! And you know what happens when your skin is over-producing oil. (Hint: zits!)
2. Wash Your Face Thrice a DayA lot of people think of this is somewhat insignificant. It’s not. It’s one the most important points for you to keep in mind if you want clear skin. Wash your face at least thrice a day - morning, afternoon and just before you hit the sack. The reason being is that all through the day, dust and dirt settle on your skin and get into the pores, ultimately causing acne. Just wash your face. It’s simple and effective.
3. Never Pop the PimpleWe know it gets tempting, but the key here is not give in to the urge. Popping pimples will only cause damage to the surrounding areas because of your nails piercing the skin and pus from the zit contaminating it. This nasty habit will cause more inflammation, scarring and, of course, more acne!
4. Beat the StressDid you know that stress could be the root of your acne? Being stressed out sends your hormones into overdrive, leading to excessive oil production. Which in turn leads to greater numbers of whiteheads and blackheads. There are plenty of ways to relax yourself. Try tai chi, yoga, a meditation break, a lovely warm bath and, of course, in some cases, sex. ;)
5. Apply a Toner before You Go to BedLike a face scrub, a toner too removes excess oil and dirt from your skin. It’s gentler on your skin, so you can use it daily. The ideal time to use it is at night, just before you hit the sack. Once you’ve cleaned your face, the pores will then be able to breath with ease.
6. Moisturize DailyMoisturizer prevents your skin from peeling and dryness - and this is very important for clear skin. As we said before, excessive dryness of your skin forces it to overproduce oil. Try a non-comedogenic product if your skin is very sensitive.
7. Eat Healthy
No more oily and fatty food for you! Apart from satisfying your cravings, these foods do nothing beneficial for your body. If you want clear skin, you gotta be cautious about the things you eat. Foods that contain oil, fat and sugar tend to worsen acne problems by building up excess oil and sugar in your system. Make sure your diet has all the important nutrients, fibres and vitamins in it.
8. Avoid Getting Shampoo on Your Face
Those shampoos, gels, sprays and conditioners may be excellent for your hair, but the same cannot be said for your face! Chemicals in hair products can irritate and inflame the skin. A word of advice: keep your hair away from your face - you don’t want any dirt trapped in it getting on your skin.
9. Exercise Every Day
Exercise is not only good for your body but for your skin as well! When exercise, you sweat, and sweat is good for your health! When you sweat, you flush out toxins and unwanted salts from your body, thus reducing the chance of breakouts.
10. Get Some Steam
Steaming is beneficial to your skin in so many ways. It helps your pores to open up, cleanses them internally and does away with all the dirt, oil and bacteria trapped in them. Steam also is considered to be an effective pimple reduction treatment and makes your skin glow. Make sure you get a clean-up at least twice a month to keep your skin healthy and radiant!
MUST-READ: The 10 Beauty Commandments to Always Live By
MUST-READ: Zap Your Pimples Overnight: Tips, Tricks & Short-Cuts!