We hate to say this, but autos are our lifeline. They’re fast, have a knack of handling traffic during peak hours far better than cars, and are, honestly speaking, quite fun to roam around in. There are some days when we absolutely thank the universe for having the ubiquitous auto driver in our lives; on other days, we just feel like biting their heads off. It happens to you too, right? Just for fun, we decided to recap the conversations every Indian girl has with auto drivers at some point in her life!
1. “Madam, bouni time, chhutta nahin hai”
And you have to surrender the twenty bucks you’re owed and run for it because you’re already late for work. :(
3. “Bhaiya, [short distance] chaloge?” Nods his head (Nooo!)
“Bhaiya, [long distance] chaloge?” Nods his head (Yess!)
4. “Sattar rupay lagega, madam!”
Sattar? KIS khushi mein?!
5. You say: “Bhaiya, GK chaloge?” He says: “Nahin, Jamna paar!”
Man, we don’t CARE where you want to go if you’re not willing to take us home. :(
6. “Paanch sau ka chhutta do na, bhaiya!”
C’mon, who’s not had this happen at least once?
7. “Boss, boss...side main daba do...boss, udhar nahin, idhar!”
Sometimes, he just doesn’t want to let you off. It’s a struggle.
8. “Boss, jaldi chalao na!”
Just when you are rushing to go to work, or there is an emergency, your friendly auto driver decides to dawdle. When you’re okay for time, though, he’s practising his skills for Formula One and you’re screaming: “Dheerey, boss, dheerey!”