Can you believe it’s been 20 years since the first episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. premiered on NBC on 22nd September 1994?! And the best part is that we still watch and absolutely LOVE the show. :D It’s like Rachel, Joey, Monica, Chandler, Ross and Phoebe are part of our daily lives. When we’re having a fashion crisis, we’ve found ourselves wondering: what would Rachel do? And hasn’t everyone secretly wished that Phoebe really was our friend so we could get all those free massages? To mark the 20th anniversary of F.R.I.E.N.D.S., we bring you 20 of our favourite moments!
2. The one where Rachel is Ross’s lobster! When they kiss after watching their old prom video. It’s true love - it always was.
3. The one where Ross gets a fake tan and has to count to 5. He’s such a quick learner with his spray: count, pat and turn. But no, he forgets to ask “Is it Mississippi counting?” Such a basic question, right?
4. “How you Doin’?” has been, by far, the most memorable pickup line of the last 20 years! But it only works with the one and only Joey Tribbiani.
5. Pretty much all couples now define their expectations of a break after Ross and Rachel’s “We were on a break!” disaster.
6. It’s perfectly normal for someone to have their brother’s babies - artificially inseminated, obviously. Phoebe has paved the way for everyone!
7. Monica is not only OCD and a brilliant chef but also quite the sexpert! The time when she educates Chandler on all the ‘spots’ is absolutely phenomenal! Go, Monica! #GirlPower
8. All the times Chandler has been with Janice, broken up with her, gotten back together, broken up with her again, got back together AGAIN. And then when he had had enough, and tried to end it all once and for all. he had to pretend to move to Yemen! “OH. MY. GOD!” You can still write to him; his address is “5 Yemen Road, Yemen”.
9. When they all had babies! When Ben was born, when Phoebe had her brother’s triplets, when Emma was born and when Monica and Chandler adopted twins - they were all such emotional times, we felt like we were a part of them too!
10. When they all fly to London town! And Ross says the wrong name at the altar.
11. When Monica and Chandler hook up in London. We didn’t see that one coming, but we’re so happy they did. :)
12. When everyone starts finding out about Monica and Chandler. First Joey puts together the pieces of a missing eyelash curler in Chandler’s room. (Can you believe it? Joey, the last person to figure out any puzzle!) Then Rachel catches them talking on the phone and confirms her suspicion by deciphering the “laundry” code. And when Phoebe sees them across Ugly Naked Guy’s apartment (which becomes Ross’s), and it all becomes a game of “They don’t know that we know that they know we know!”
13. When Chandler tells Monica he loves her for the first time after his sex-off with Phoebe, which he, of course, steps down from!
14. All of Joey’s auditions and roles have been eventful. From being the famous Dr Drake Ramoray, or playing Al Pacino’s butt double, auditioning with hernia, to really having to pee during an audition and being left to teach an entire cast a disastrous dance routine, they have all been entertaining!
15. All the times Phoebe has used her alias Regina Phalange.
16. The Routine! ’Nuff said.
17. The time Ross experiments with his leather pants look and goes on a “hot” date! (Yes, pun intended!)
18. All the Thanksgiving episodes! It was the one constant tradition.
19. When they all go to Vegas. Yeah, baby! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas - but in their case, not so much!
20. The weddings! When Ross marries Emily. Ok, not really! When Ross marries Rachel in Vegas. Okay, not that either! When Phoebe marries Mike. Well, that was okay. But when Monica marries Chandler - perfect!
These 20 moments might not be enough to capture all the best moments from the 10 years of the show (c'mon, there were 1000s of awesome moments!), but we sure hope they’re the start of a trip down memory lane for all of you. :)
GIFs source: Giphy
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!
Sign in to see the latest in life-changing products, empowering stories and infinitely amusing videos!